CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 17, 2009

Weekly Challenge #3 - Quotes

So it's Monday again...and that means a new challenge at Apron Strings blog. This week's challenge is to use a quote on your LO or card. I wanted to make it very simple since I know that a lot of us are getting ready for back to school. For this challenge I used a quote from Aristotle that was already incorporated on my patterned paper from Fancy Pants, which reads: To live happily is an inward power of the Soul.

I know some of us struggle with journaling, so I believe that a quote is a great way to make journaling minimal. There are thousands and thousands of quotes out there that can convey what you want to say on your LO. So, if you're willing to take the challenge hop on over to AS blog and link your creation before Sunday 7:00 pm eastern time to be eligible for a cookie jar treat.

Here's my take on the challenge:

That is my lovely son when he was 9 months old. Doesn't he looks cute? OK, yes, I'm a little biased. LOL.

Now to announce last week challenge winner: Michelle Houghton. Michelle has been a member of Apron Strings for over 2 years...and she is such a lovely girl. I love her work to pieces. On this challenge she used a border punch for her border, and also a circle punch for her buttons. I love this idea. So budget friendly...not only you make your own buttons from scraps of paper but you also make them match with your LO. I'm going to be making buttons soon. I'm also scraplifting this LO because I have that same tag in one of our kits and I was wondering how I was going to use it on a page....and Michelle gave me the answer.

Well, that's it for today. Hope to see some creations over at the blog.

Happy week,


No comments: