CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Five on Friday challenge over at AS...

So yesterday Lori posted a challenge at the Apron Strings blog...the Five of Friday challenge. The challenge was to use:
  • 1 sheet of cardstock

  • 1 sheet of paper with polka dots

  • 1 lenght of ribbon

  • 1 set of 5 brads

  • 1 set of alphabets

And here is what I came up with:

The whole process took me 30 minutes to complete and it would've taken less time if I wouldn't have stop every 5 minutes to control my urge to keep adding stuff...because part of the challenge was that you only could use those ingredients except for the journaling. Other than that...that was it. I wanted to keep adding embellies so bad, so, so bad....but if I didn't stick to the challenge then it would've not been a challenge for me. That heart after the title is part of the alphabet set, so that's not cheating, right Lori?????? :-D

The journaling reads: The day you were born, you brighten her smile and filled her life with a new LOVE.

That's a picture of my grandmama with my daughter when she was only a few days old. I treasured these photos before, but I treasure them even more now that she's gone. I feel like I need to scrap every single little picture that I have of her....slowly but surely.

I thank God that He gives me the strenght to be able to scrap these photos. I know people who are unable to scrap pictures of a lost one for a long time. Yes, I'm not going to lie...the process of scrapping it is very, very painful...but the end result is rewarding. Looking at the few pages that I've done of her makes me happy in a weird kind of way. :-)

Well, wanted to post this before the deadline. I'm off to start working on my LO for Monday's challenge. Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: