Thursday, February 28, 2008
Why?
Hello, ok so I need to get better at keeping this up, LOL. I've been working like crazy, then come home to work like crazy (even double) and by the time I'm done all I want is to crawl into bed. Well, you might be wondering about the title of this post? Very simple, I can make a list of maybe 100 questions starting with why. My mother in law - oh gosh, what would I do without her - I met her almost 9 years ago and back then she was a great friend and a great human being, she is even better now, especially after she accepted GOD as her only savior. You know, I can happily say that I have a great mother in law - can't really complain. Well, today she send me an email - a very powerful and strong email - that made me cry. Yeah, most of her emails make me cry. Well anyways, why the world it is the way it is? I mean don't get me wrong, some of us have a great life and we have to be grateful about what we have, but this world is so unfair to some. There are a million people out there that don't have a thing, that they are dying of hunger, that they don't make it to tomorrow. Why did I cry? Because it made me realized how unfair I can be at times...it made me realized how much I complain and I have it so good - I'm healthy (except when the flu hits me, LOL), I have two wonderful kids, I have a beautiful family, I have a job, I have food on my table, I have clothing, my kids (my daughter for now) it's getting a great education...and the list just goes on and on...and here I am at times complaining about the things that I want and don't have, about the stupidest things...and who knows if right next to me there's someone that its struggling to have a roof over their head, to have food on their table, single moms that are working two jobs in order to feed their kids, or even worst people that don't have a home, don't have food in their tables, don't have clothes to protect them from the coldness. What's up with me? I need to become a better human being and more thoughtful of others...and no, this doesn't mean that I'm a bad person or that I don't take into consideration other people...I do...it's in my nature....what it means is that I have to be more grateful about the life that I have....thank God that I'm alive and that I am who I am and have what I have....and that I have a place that I can call home and a beautiful family that I can call my own. Stop complaining Bessie about the house being a mess, about hubby not helping you at times, about my boss being who he is, about the money that you don't make, about the people that cuts you off while driving, about the traffic, about the cold weather in New York, about all the things that you complain....that are nonsense. Stop it Bessie, and be more grateful of what you have...because maybe....just maybe the person right next to you would die to have what you have. Thanks for reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
So true. It's important for us all to realize at times how grateful we should be :)
-Erin
You aren't the only one who feels this way, me too at times! Hang in there, good things come to good people! You ARE a GREAT person!
~Susan
Post a Comment