CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 7, 2008

I got a babysitter!

I didn't mention in my last post that my babysitter was out of her apartment for indefinite time due to the fire and obviously can't take care of Shawn. Although my boss was a little confused of the reasons why she couldn't take care of Shawn (I mean really, how can he be confused?) he did let me take Shawn to work until I resolved my situation. That was very nice of him. So, I did that. Luckily, this week I have someone that is taking care of him until my babysitter is back. Today was his first day and my heart was just aching when I saw tears in his big expressive eyes for me not to leave him...all I wanted to do was stay home with him.

Anyway, lets talk about scrapbooking a bit....this month I'm taking a little break, well at least until the end of April when Debbie is offering a new class: Scrap your Events, check it out here
http://debbiehodge.squarespace.com/ . I know I've mentioned this before but she is an amazing teacher...I have to tell you that her way of teaching is so unique it just keeps you begging for more. Her Scrap Yourself class just ended. I'm backed up at that one. This class really made me realize how important it is for us scrapbookers to scrap about ourselves. The prompts that she was giving us were amazing, and the classes priceless. If you go to the website that I posted above you should subscribe to her mailing list to always be up to date with her classes and her amazing talent. Here are some LO's that I've done for her class, there are also digi - yeah, yeah, I took the leap and I'm loving every minute of it. Debbie, Anke, and Hillary were some of my biggest inspiration to do this. This first LO is about me right now at this moment in time.

The journaling reads: This is me today and always. I am the mother of two amazing children. I am the wife of an understanding husband. I am the daugher of a wonderful mother. I am blessed because I have two mothers instead of one. I am a hard worker that knows well her responsibilites. I am very sensible. I feel the pain of others and cry with them. I cry at the least twice a month. I love animals, especially dogs, yet do not own one YET! I love to help people in any way I can...it gives me a great satisfaction. I dislike hypocrite people. I believe in honesty even if the truth hurts. I want to be the best MOM in the world. I want to finish my bachelor’s degree. I want my kids to be proud of me. I like being alone at times, but am afraid of not having someone to turn too if I need the companion. I am smart in a lot of ways...and sometimes a smartass. I am somewhat demanding. I love being pleased. I like considerate people...I am one of those. I don’t like to throw things away if I can give them away...just thinking about all the people that do not have anything makes my heart ache. I hate throwing out food. Talking about food, I am a very picky eater. I like everything about me except my body (I am to thin). There is nothing about Nature that dissapoints me, yet what we do with it does. I would like to trust humans yet it’s hard especially with the things they do. I believe in GOD. I believe in MYSELF. I try to live every day as it was the last one (after all we never know). I don’t go to bed without kissing my kids goodnight. I forgive but can never forget. Old couples holding hands makes me happy. I love to hear my kid's laughter. I am not perfect. I make a lot of mistakes, but try my best to learn from them. I don’t like doing what I don’t like to be done to me. I suffer from depression at times; but it only takes a kiss and a hug from my kids for the pain to go away. I am who I am today...and will always be...because after all...I like who I AM.

Then I did also this other one for the same class:

This one the journaling on the block next to my daughter says: Yarelis, you are my first born. Because of you, I experienced the gratifying feeling of becoming a Mom for the first time. Nothing or anything can ever replace that feeling. I see in you exactly who I want you to be: a caring, kind, intelligent, sweet, playful, and sensitive human being. A great daughter, a great sister, and a great friend. I know I tell you this every day of my life...but just in case you forget please remember that I LOVE YOU with all my HEART and you will always be my FIRST CHILD. Love, Mom.

On the block next to my son it reads: Shawn, you are my baby boy. They say boys are mama’s boys. I have to admit that although you’ll rather come to me for comfort instead of Papi, you are somewhat independent...therefore, you rarely need Mommy. You came into my live to reassure me what I already knew...how great being a MOTHER is, and I thank you for that. I’m also constantly learning because of you. It’s not the same to raise a daughter than a son. Some people say boys are easier to raise...I truly have my doubts. At times you think and behave like if you were bigger than you are...but in my heart you will always be my BABY BOY. Love, Mom.

And finally the big block on the right page reads: There is nothing more gratifying than the love of a husband and my kids. There are my world, there are the reason why I am who I am, there are my inspiration every single day, they are the reason why I scrapbook, there are there for me in good and bad times. Boy, am I lucky? Shawn and Yarelis, don’t ever forget how important you guys are in my life. It is because of you that I try to be the best I can be. I don’t want to dissapoint neither of you. I want to be the best mommy in the world. You guys are my angels here on Earth. Thank you for being the wonderful kids you are. David, we have been together for 8 years. It is hard to believe that you have put up with me for all this time and viceversa. We have our big differences in life...sometimes it seems that we are walking in opposite directions...but somehow God and the Love between the two of us manage to get us back in track. Thank you for being there for me when I need you the most. What a blessing: MY FAMILY.

I will share more digi later, nite nite for now. :-)

1 comment:

mela280 said...

Hi Bessie,

I was so sorry to hear about the fire in your building. How very frightening. With all the stresses you seem to be doing a great job moving through them and staying positive. Great job with the digi for the Scrap Yourself class. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Take good care,
Melanie