CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Inspirational Thursday - Maya Angelou

Hi there, today I have some quotes by one of my most favorite writer - Maya Angelou. She's very uplifting and we all need a lil' bit of that. Here are some of my favorites:

  • "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
  • "We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated."
  • "I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it."
  • "Love life, engage in it, give it all you've got. Love it with a passion, because life truly does give back...many times over what you put to it."
  • "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude."
  • "If you have only one smile in you, give it to the people you love."
  • "I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a "life"."
  • "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded."
  • "I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver."
  • "I believe the most important thing, beyond discipline and creativity is daring to dare."

Have a wonderful Thursday,

1 comment:

Suzanne J Dean said...

I just love Maya too--great quotes!

Just dropping by to let you know you won some sweet blog candy from me--hop on over to see! Happy Holidays!

hugz,
Suzanne