CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Five on Friday, digital stamps & a LO...

So, how's your long weekend so far? Yesterday I was home relaxing, but today we took the kids to Playland...they had a blast. Here is proof of that :-)




Yesterday I played with the Five on Friday challenge over at Apron Strings. Since this is a long weekend, Lori & Kathy extended our deadline until Monday. The challenge was to use:
  • 1 sheet of cardstock
  • 1 set of florals
  • 1 set of buttons
  • 1 sheer something
  • 1 sheer ribbon

And this was my end result. Not sure that I like it too much, but I'm not the type of scrapper to get frustrated because I don't like a page. I see it as another done page, and that's more satisfying than anything...especially with my busy schedule. The journaling on this LO is a poem by Robert Sexton that reads:

When I imagine

the life you will live,

I think of the pleasure

your presence will give.

I see the joy your smile will light

and the wonders you'll weave

when your dreams take flight.

I feel the hope

that will grow with your grace

and the difference you'll make

to each heart you embrace.

I imagine your life

as I know it will be;

for, Our Daughter, you've given

all this to US.

This LO below was just for fun, I was dying to scrap that picture of my son, LOL, it makes me laugh every time I look at it. I used Sketch #59 by Kristine Davidson from Creative Scrappers. The papers and embellies are all from June kit #2 from Transparent Touches.

Ok, so those who know me know that I'm not much of a stamper...but I've seen some beautiful cards out there lately done with some fun thing called digi stamps...and I had to try it. Since I'm new to this my coloring is not to great, and on some cases my printer ink smeared. I think I have to put some heat before coloring, based on some research I did on the Internet. I still like (although not love) what I did on these two cards. Both of these stamps I got from Mo's Digital Pencil. She has amazing images, very cute. I got two more which I will share on another post.








What you think? Any hints on coloring and/or ink smearing please feel free to leave a comment. Well, that's it for today. I'm really tired. Have to get some things ready for tomorrow's challenge over at Apron Strings. Just minor things. See ya tomorrow with a very special challenge dedicated to grandparents in honor of National Grandparents Day which is September 13.




Blessings,


No comments: